- Ph.D. (USJ)
- BSc (Nursing) Hons, University of Peradeniya
- CTHE (KDU)
- RN (SLNC)
- Certificate of registration as a Nursing officer at Sri Lanka Nursing Council (Reg.No:7936)
- Certificate of Efficiency as a Nursing officer at Ceylon Medical College Council
- Successfully completed the course in Immediate Life Support conducted by the College of Anesthesiologists of Sri Lanka
- Successfully completed the course in Research Methodology in Health and Social Sciences conducted by the Faculty of Medicine, KDU
- Tobacco control training – Learning from the Experts: A Course for Healthcare Professionals (Certificate course) Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: US
- Working experience as a Nursing Officer (Surgical/PACU) at Neurosurgical and General Operation Theater, Lanka Hospitals (June 2011-October 2013)
- Neurosurgical Operation Theatre, UHKDU- part-time (2020 – up to now)
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Herath, P., Wimalasekera, S., Amarasekara, T., Fernando, M., & Turale, S. (2021). Effect of cigarette smoking on smoking biomarkers, blood pressure and blood lipid levels among Sri Lankan male smokers. Postgraduate Medical Journal. https://doi.org/10.1136/postgradmedj-2021-141016
- Herath, P., Wimalasekera, S. W., Amarasekara, T. D., Fernando, M. S., & Turale, S. (2021). Adverse effects of cigarette smoking on exhaled breath carbon monoxide, blood carboxyhemoglobin, and hematological parameters amongst Sri Lankan adult tobacco smokers: A descriptive study. Population Medicine, 3(October), 1–10. https://doi.org/10.18332/popmed/143076
- Fernando, H.N., Wimaladasa, I.T.P., Sathkoralage, A.N., Ariyadasa, A.N., Udeni, C., Galgamuwa, L.S., Herath, P., Kumarasinghe, N., 2019. Socioeconomic factors associated with tobacco smoking among adult males in Sri Lanka. BMC Public Health 19, 778. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7147-9
- Herath, H. M. P., Wimalasekera, S. W., Amarasekara, A., Fernando, M. S., & Turale, S. (2021). “Effect of Smoking Cessation Interventions on Adult Tobacco Smokers in Colombo District, Sri Lanka” proceedings of National Symposium on Tobacco and Alcohol Prevention, NSTAP – 2022, organized by the National Authority on Tobacco and Alcohol (NATA), Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka, pp. 10, 02nd December 2022.
- Herath, H. M. P., Wimalasekera, S. W., Amarasekara, A.A.T.D, Fernando, M. S., & Turale, S. (2021). “Biological markers of cigarette smokers and their relationship with smoking status”. Proceedings of International Conference on Health Sciences (ICH 2021), Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka, pp. 37, 15 October, 2021
- H. M. P. Herath, B. M. H. S. K. Banneheka, A. M. M. C Amarakoon, A. D. P Perera “Awareness of First Aid in Snake Bites among Villagers in a Rural Area”. Proceedings of the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, Sri Lanka, Vol. 18, 4th & 5th July, 2014
- H. M. P. Herath, B. M. H. S. K. Banneheka, A. M. M. C. Amarakoon, R.M.A.S Bandara “The most common offending type of snake and common biting place of snake bites in selected rural area, Sri Lanka”. Proceedings of the International Public Health Research Conference Bangkok, Thailand. Vol. 02, 11-13 July 2015. The ISBN number of the proceedings is: ISBN 978-86-87043-31-2.
- HMP Herath, SW Wimalasekara, AATD Amarasekara, AATD Amarasekara, 2017. Types and frequency of Tobacco smoking amongst Adult Male Tobacco Smokers in Sri Lanka, Preliminary results, in: Respiratory Care in Low Resource Settings: Practical Approaches. Presented at the 1st IPCRG South Asian Conference, International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG), Colombo, Sri Lanka, p. 90.
- HMP Herath, SW Wimalasekara, AATD Amarasekara, AATD Amarasekara, 2017. Exhaled Carbon Monoxide and Carboxyhemoglobin levels of Adult Male Tobacco smokers in Sri Lanka: A preliminary results in: Respiratory Care in Low Resource Settings: Practical Approaches. Presented at the 1st IPCRG South Asian Conference, International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG), Colombo, Sri Lanka, p. 89.
- HMP Herath, SW Wimalasekera, AATD Amarasekara, 2018. “Factors Associated With Tobacco Smoking Amongst Sri Lankan Adult Male Smokers” Presented at the 1st International Nursing Congress held at University of Peradeniya, p.83
- HMP Herath, SW Wimalasekera, AATD Amarasekara “Pattern of tobacco smoking and its association with alcohol consumption and other socio economic variables: Preliminary results.” submitted to International Conference on Health Sciences (ICH 2018) organize by Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
- H.M.P Herath, K.H.N. Fernando1, D.P.I.T.P. Wimaladasa1, D.A.N. Sathkoralage1,
R.P.A.N. Ariyadasa1, R.D.C. Udeni1, G.S.L. Galgamuwa2, N. Kumarasinghe3
“Socioeconomic factors associated with tobacco smoking among adult male tobacco smokers in Gampaha area” Presented at the 1st International Nursing Congress held at University of Peradeniya, p.17.
- H.M.P.Herath1, K.M.D. Nadeeshani1, W.S. Kaushalya1, A.R.C. Tharindulatha1, M.D.D.M.
Munasinghe1, J. Nadeeshani1, N.B. Kalpage1,, P.T.R. Makuloluwa2
“Knowledge, awareness and attitude towards risk factors for cardiovascular diseases among selected government bankers in Western Province, Sri Lanka” Presented at the 1st International Nursing Congress held at University of Peradeniya, p.94-95.
- Herath HMP, Rathnayaka RMHM, Lakmal KGC, Waduge KWKM, Samaraweera AN, Fernando HHLK “Assessment of Awareness of Three Wheeler Drivers on First Aid when Handling and Transporting Traumatic Victims Following Road Traffic Accidents in the Colombo District, Sri Lanka” Presented at the IRC,KDU 2017
- H M P Herath, S M D R Samarakoon, P A M T Polpitiya, S P P I M N D Paramanayaka, T H K P Apasara, G Jayatilaka “Parental awareness of risk factors, recognition and first aid management of accidental foreign body aspiration in children aged 1-5 years in Dehiwala- Ratmalana area, Colombo” Journal of Primary Health care: Open Access DOI: 10.4172/2167-1079-C1-011
- Cardiorespiratory Effects of Tobacco Smoking, And Smokers’ Compliance to A Tobacco Smoking Cessation Programme Amongst Male Smokers In Colombo District, Sri Lanka; A Quantitative and Qualitative Study