- M.Phil.Biochemistry(University of Sri Jayewardenepura)
- B.Sc. (Special) Degree Microbiology (University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka). – Chemistry and Biochemistry as subsidiary subjects.
- Internationally recognized Assessor / Team Leader on ISO 15189(Medical Laboratory Accreditation) &ISO 17025 (Testing & Calibration Laboratory Accreditation). – Since 2010/2011.
Published Research Papers
- KHM Silva, HAC Ayeshmantha1, KUGDM Kariyawasam, RD Widanagamage and RANK Wijesinghe. (2022). Investigation of Cardiovascular Disease Risk among Patients Attending the Medical Clinic of University Hospital KDU, Using Lipid Indices and ASCVD Risk Calculator. General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University. 15th International Research Conference. Pp43. Sri Lanka September 2022
- Widanagamage, R.D. and Ekanayake, S. (2009). Oral hypoglycaemic effect of Canthiumcoromandelicum leaf extract on Wistar rats. Vidyodaya Journal of Science. 14. 53-57.
- Silva, H.J.R.L., Anusari, L.B.W., Ratnasooriya, W.D. , Pathirana, R.N. and Widanagamage, R.D. 2018. In vitro antibacterial activity and the minimum inhibitory concentration of aqueous seeds extract of Cucumis melo L. grown in Sri Lanka on common urinary tract infective bacteria. J Pharmacogn Phytochem. Vol 7: 3. pp. 686-690.
Widanagamage, R.D. and Ekanayake, S. (2005). Investigation of possible hypoglycaemic activity of Canthiumcoromandelicum (Kara) leaf extract on normoglycaemicWistar rats. Proceedings of the 61st Annual Session. Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. 61:2. Presented.
Widanagamage, R.D., Ekanayake, S. and Welihinda, J. (2007). Effect of different processing methods of starch structure: A microscopic study. Proceedings of the 63rd Annual Session. Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. 63: 21-22. Presented.
Widanagamage, R.D., Ekanayake, S. and Welihinda, J. (2007). Effect of selected traditional breakfast meals on postprandial serum glucose levels. Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science. Proceedings of the 63rd Annual Session. 63: 18-19. Presented.
- “GGRL De Silva, PCK Dodanwela, SBWMRD Samradiwakara, IVV Madhubash, RD Widanagamage and G Katulanda. (2021). Prevalence of Microalbuminuria in Rheumatoid Athritis Patients Attending the Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Clinic at National Hospital, Sri Lanka. 14th International Research Conference. General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University pp08. Sri Lanka September 2021.
- Widanagamage, R.D., Ekanayake, S. and Welihinda, J. (2009). Carbohydrate-rich foods: glycaemic indices and the effect of constituent macronutrients. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 60: 1. 215-223. (DOI: 10.1080/09637480902849195).
- Widanagamage RD, Ekanayake S &Welihinda J (2013). Effect of Extent of Gelatinisation of Starch on the Glycaemic Responses of Carbohydrate Rich Breakfast Meals. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition. 19:2. 145-171.
Unpublished Research Papers
- “Effectiveness of commonly used disinfectants on bacteria responsible for hospital acquired infections in Sri Jayawardenepura General Hospital, Sri Lanka” for Sri Lankan Journal of Infectious Diseases. “
- Widanagamage, R.D., Ekanayake, S. and Welihinda, J. (2007). Postprandial glucose responses of some Sri Lankan breakfast meals. Chemtech 2007. An International Conference on Chemistry, technology and Innovation for Greater Safety and Economic Growth. Sri Lanka June 2007. Presented.
- Ekanayake, S., Widanagamage, R.D., Hettiarachchi, U.P.K. and Welihinda, J. (2008).Effect of macronutrients and processing method on glycaemic indices of traditional pure and mixed meals.1st European Food Congress.Eslovenia November 2008.Poster presentation.
Authorships In Books/ Chapters
- Author of the chapter of the Fundamentals and Principles of the curriculum for the “Certification Course for Private Sector Medical Laboratory Technicians” conducted by Sri Lanka Association of Testing Laboratories & NAITA, 2010.
- MLU 4144: Laboratory Administration and Quality Management (The Open University of Sri Lanka) for Medical Laboratory Science Degree Programme.
- Reviewing the manuscript, entitled “Nutritional composition of underutilized banana flower (Musa AAA group cvbaxijiao and Musa Paradisiacal AAB) in china” for International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 2010.
- Reviewing the manuscript, entitled “Proximate composition,polyphenolic constituents and antioxidant activities of Nymphoideshydrophylla, an aquaticvegetable in Taiwan” for International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, 2010.
- Reviewing the manuscript entitled “Production of acidic amylase from two Aspergillus species for enviormentallydesizing of cotton fabrics” for Starch/ Starke, 2012.
- Reviewing the manuscript entitled “Glycaemic response to frozen stored whole meal – flour rolls enriched with fresh sourdough and whey proteins” for Starch/ Starke, 2013.