Published research papers in journals
- Wimalarathne DDN, Ruan W, Sun X, Liu F, Gai Y, Liu Q, Hu F, Lan X. Impact of TOF on Brain PET With Short-Lived 11C-Labeled Tracers Among Suspected Patients With AD/PD: Using Hybrid PET/MRI. Front Med (Lausanne). 2022 Mar 2;9:823292. doi: 10.3389/fmed.2022.823292. PMID: 35308534; PMCID: PMC8926006.
- D Wimalarathne, X Lan, W Ruan, F Liu, X Sun and F Hu, “Impact of Time-of-Flight (TOF) reconstruction on 40-segmented brain volumes of (+/-) AD patients with short-lived 11C-Pittsburgh compound-B PET/MR Imaging, Journal of Nuclear Medicine 63 (supplement 2), 3285-3285
- Niyonkuru, A., Chen, X., Bakari, K.H., Wimalarathne, D.N., Bouhari, A., Arnous, M.M.R. and Lan, X., 2020. Evaluation of the diagnostic efficacy of 18F‐Fluorine‐2‐Deoxy‐D‐Glucose PET/CT for lung cancer and pulmonary tuberculosis in a Tuberculosis‐endemic Country. Cancer medicine, 9(3), pp.931-942.
- Sun, X., Liu, F., Liu, Q., Gai, Y., Ruan, W., Wimalarathne, D.N., Hu, F., Tan, X. and Lan, X., 2019. Quantitative research of 11C-CFT and 18F-FDG PET in Parkinson’s disease: a pilot study with NeuroQ software. Frontiers in Neuroscience, 13, p.299.
- GGC Perera, WSS Jayasinghe, WBC Nisansala, DDN Wimalarathne, GLS Galgamuwa and G Senanayake. (2018); Evaluation of radiation dose to thyroid glands during diagnostic mammography; A Comparison of Cranio Caudal (CC) and Medio Lateral Oblique (MLO) Views. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 6 (May). 851-858] (ISSN 2320-5407). www.journalijar.com
- DDN Wimalarathna, J Thiruchelvem, Prof.R.D Jayasinghe. (2016); Comparison of 3D alignment of knee between normal and osteoarthritis subjects by measuring the femoral tibial angle (FTA) using,3D bone model image fitting technique. Int. J. of Adv. Res. 4 (10). 2218-2223] (ISSN2320-5407).
Research presentation Oral/ Posters
- D Wimalarathne, X Lan, W Ruan, F Liu, X Sun and F Hu presented an e-poster titled “Impact of Time-of-Flight (TOF) reconstruction on 40-segmented brain volumes of (+/-) AD patients with short-lived 11C-Pittsburgh compound-B PET/MR Imaging” at SNMMI-2022 (Society of Nuclear medicine and Molecular Imaging) annual meeting on 11th -14th June 2022 which was held at Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada. Journal of Nuclear Medicine 63 (supplement 2), 3285-3285
- DDN Wimalarathne, Weiwei Ruan, Xun Sun, Fang Liu, Fan Hu, and Xiaoli Lan presented an e-poster titled “Effects of TOF and non-TOF reconstruction algorithms on SUVs of different brain volumes in 11C-PiB PET/MRI” at WMIC-2021 (World molecular imaging congress) on 7th October 2021 which was held at the Miami Convention Center, Florida, USA.
- Wimalarathne, D., Lan, X., Zhang, Y., Ruan, W., An, R., Sun, X. and Hu, F., presented an poster titled “Impact of TOF (Time of Flight) reconstructions on SUVmax (Standard uptake value) in AD (Alzheimer Disease)/PD (Parkinsonism Disease) patients: Using of 18 F-FDG, 11 C-CFT and 11 C-PIB” at EANM-2019 (European Association of Nuclear Medicine) on 12-16th October 2019, Barcelona, Spain
- WMIS Wickrmasinghe, IS Nanayakkara, KGDM Ketagoda, IG Uduwakanda, DDN Wimalarathne, WM Ediri Arachchi and Dr ASPallewatta; Abstract presentation titled “Age and gender related variations in the Dimensions of Selected Anatomical Structures of Brain in MRI of Adults in Sri Lanka” by has been presented at the 21st Asia-Australasia Conference of Radiologic Technologist, Hong Kong 2017.
- RRWMGC Ranaweera, AMMS Costa, MAHA Wickramasinghe, RMHS Rathnayaka, DDN Wimalarathne, Snr. Prof WD Ratnasooriya 2017; Knowledge and Attitudes of Cath Lab Nurses on Radiation Protection in Selected Hospitals of Western Province, Sri Lanka, Poster Presentation in 10th INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE, 63 http://www.kdu.ac.lk/proceedings/irc2017/
- GGC Perera, WSS Jayasinghe, WBC Nisansala, DDN Wimalarathne, GLS Galgamuwa, Dr G Senanayake, 2017,Radiation dose received to thyroid glands of patients undergoing mammography;Caudal (CC) and Medio Lateral Oblique (MLO) views. Oral Presentation in 10TH INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONFERENCE, 35 http://www.kdu.ac.lk/proceedings/irc2017/
- DDN Wimalarathna, DPS Wimalaratne. Performance Appraisal System for Allion Technologies (PVT) LTD. Proceedings in Computing, 8th International Research Conference; Inculcating Professionalism for National Development, 27 – 28 August 2015; 189-196.http://www.kdu.ac.lk/proceedings/irc2015/View_page.php?key=70
- Clinical Impact of Technological Innovations in Nuclear Medicine, “Impact of TOF on Brain PET With Short-Lived 11C-Labeled Tracers Among Suspected Patients With AD/PD: Using Hybrid PET/MRI”, Frontiers Media SA, 130-141