- Reading for M.Phil at University of Sri Jayewardanepura(2018)
- Master of Science in Nursing
- BSc. Nursing (Hons) (UOP)
- Successfully completed the lactation management programme conducted by General Hospital Sri Jayewardenepura in 2018, & awarded as a lactation management nurse.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Development (UOC) (Reading)
- Certificate course in Human Nutrition & Dietetics,University of Colombo (2017)
- Registered Nurse (Reg. No 8628)Sri Lanka Nursing Council
- Staff nurse (General Operation Theatre) at Lanka Hospital, Colombo. (from 25th April 2012 to 30th September 2013)
Teaching areas /Module coordinations
- Nursing Skills Practice
- Human Anatomy for Nurses
- Trends & Issues in Nursing
- Operating Theatre Nursing
- Family Nursing
- Communication skills in Nursing
RBKS Rathnagoda, ANP De Zoysa, KKS Prasansa, TPIJ Nanayakkara, DMND Senevirathna and TD Dassanayake(2022) Relationship between Emotional Intelligence and Academic Performances among Final Year Health Science Students in Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Sri Lanka. Abstract and oral presentation at 15th International Research Conference ,General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University(KDU),Sri Lanka. in September 2022.
- Senevirathna DMND,Meegoda MKDL, Emotional intelligence, academic performances and associated factors among nursing undergraduates in selected government universities in Sri Lanka: Abstract and poster presentation in International Research Conferences in Health Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences ,University of Sri Jayewardenepura, on 31st March 2022.
Referred Journal articles
- Senevirathne DMND , Liyanage GSH Amarasiri WADL , Manel DPK,Jayamanne D- The effect of body mass index on lung function of 5–7-year-old Sinhalese children in the Colombo District, Sri Lanka.: Abstract and oral presentation in 14th International Conferences on Health Sciences, Faculty of medical sciences ,University of Sri Jayewardenepura, on 15th October 2021.
- Ariyadasa MASR , Nandana WWWY , Bogahawaththa NW , Banda RMSK , Nethsara PJ , Senevirathne DMND , Jayathilake MRS- Knowledge, attitudes and practice regarding periconceptional use of folic acid for the prevention of neural tube defects among childbearing aged women in Boralesgamuwa MOH area, Sri Lanka: Poster presentation in 14th International Conferences on Health Sciences, Faculty of medical sciences ,University of Sri Jayewardenepura, on 15th October 2021.
Dushmanthi AAA., Wijesooriya WASM., Jayalath JPTSW., Thilakarathna HPMD., Malkanthi MGR., Senevirathne DMND and Asela N Senanayaka.,- Expectations of Patients Who Underwent Chemotherapy for Breast Cancers in Apeksha Hospital Maharagama.Poster presentation at 13th International Research Conference ,General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University(KDU),Sri Lanka. in 2020.
Senevirathne DMND., Liyanage G, -Nutritional status of physically disabled children: A review article published in International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP) 10(8):224-226 in 2020.
- Rathnayaka RMSST, Kawindi KGW, Karunathilaka CDMP, Fernando MSM, Kumara KPCSP, Senevirathna DMND, Kumarasinghe IIHS,”Knowledge and practices regarding oral cancer and self-examination of the mouth and risk assessment for oral cancer in individuals above 30 years of age in divisional secretariat Kesbewa, Sri Lanka,” International Conference on Health Sciences 2019, in Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura in 18th October 2019.
- Aberathana A.M.I.S., Danasekara D.R.S.R., Wickramarachchi W.A.T.R., Jayathissa S.N.E., Bandara S.M.K.B.,Karunarathna N.G.K.D. , De Silva H.M.Y.R., Senevirathna N.,Wijesinghe R.A.N.K., Relationship between angina and physical activity to the quality of life (QOL) of patients following cocronary artery bypass graft(CABG) 3rd International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Sciences (IRSPAS 2018).
- Dhananjani,P.M.C., Jayasundara G.A.S.S., Panduwala P.K.B.H., Wijewardhana C.S., Madubhashini B.M.Y., Karunathilaka K.D.L.S., Senevirathne D.M.N.D.S., Kathriarachchi l.s., Determination of the association of BMI and WC with HbA1c level of patients attended to clinics at NDC, srilanka KDU, 11th International Research Conference 13th -14th September 2018.
- Wettasinghe ,J.C, Kumarasiri, T.S.N, Senanayaka, R.A.S.M, Thilakarathna, G.A.K.S, Senevirathna, D.M.N.D, Fernando, H., Awareness of Breast Cancer among female school teachers in selected government schools in Colombo District, 1st Biannual Academic Sessions at Graduate Nurses Foundation’17th February 2018
- Award for the Best Research Paper in 1st Biannual Academic Sessions at Graduate Nurses’ Foundation was awarded to the paper title “Awareness of Breast Cancer among female school teachers in selected government schools in Colombo District by Wettasinghe, J.C, Kumarasiri, T.S.N, Senanayaka, R.A.S.M, Thilakarathna, G.A.K.S, Senevirathna, D.M.N.D, Fernando, H. held on at the 17th February 2018 at Post Basic College of Nursing , Colombo.