- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons) – USJP
- MSc in Industrial Analytical Chemistry – USJP
- CTHE-UOC and SEDA-UK
- Community Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical technology
- Natural product chemistry, drug formulation development, Quality, and standardization of pharmaceutical/raw materials, Biowaiver studies, Pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical care
- Best poster presentation of Allied Health Sciences Session in 14th International Research Conference-KDU (2021) Supervisor
- Best oral presentation of Allied Health Sciences Session in 12th International Research Conference-KDU (2019) Co-supervisor
- Awardee of KDU Research Grant (2020) Co-Investigator – Rs.475,000.00
- Member of Pharmaceutical Society of Sri Lanka (PSSL)
- Member Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (SLAAS)
- Registered pharmacist at Sri Lanka Medical Council (Reg. No. 8844)
- Research collaboration with KDU CARE-Biowaiver studies
- Registered pharmacist at Sri Lanka Medical Council (Reg. No. 8844)
- Life Member of Sri Lanka Association For The Advancement of Science
- Life Member of Pharmaceutical Society of Sri Lanka
Executive & other positions on boards of international, national organization
- Member of sub-committee-Pharmacy-University Grant Commission-to formulate benchmark statements for the pharmacy degree programme (since 2020)
- Forum member of Education sub-committee of Pharmaceutical Society of Sri Lanka (PSSL) (2019-2017)
Research & Publications
- Member of editorial board of KDU Newsletter 5th Issue June 2021
- Copy-editor of the Basic and applied sciences to the Proceedings of 10th International Research Conference – KDU 2017
- Member of faculty editorial board of KDU IRC 2020
Referred Journal articles
- Athuraliya Gamacharige Kasuni Neranja and Samamalee Upekshi Kankanamge (2021), A mini-review on the different types of covid-19 vaccines in use, World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 12(01), pp 326–330.
- Kankanamge, S.U., Neranja, A.G.K. and Sandarenu, K.D.S., (2021), Mini-review on Natural Disintegrants in Pharmaceutical Formulations, Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medical Research, pp.52-56.
- Gunasekara, S., Ranawaka, T., Chathuranga, D., Kankanamge, U. and Balasuriya, A., (2021), Importance of Following Proper Inhalation Techniques and Awareness Regarding Asthma among Clinical Patients, Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medical Research, 15(3): 1-13
- Kottahachchi, D., Nandasena, C., Sandarenu, S., Kankanamge, U., & Withanawasam, T. (2021). Review: Combat against COVID-19 Complications – Traditional Plant Lantana camara, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 6(1), 1244 -1248.
- Kottahachchi, D., Nandasena, C., Sandarenu, S., Kankanamge, U., & Withanawasam, T. (2021). Traditional Sri Lankan plant, Lantana camara; Will it be a treatment against the hematological complications of COVID-19? Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 10, 1948-1951.
- Kumari KDKP, Thilakarathne RMPS, Neranja AGK, Hasanthi KB, Kankanamge SU (2019), Assessment of Anti-bacterial Efficacy of Different Parts of the Medicinal Plant Wattakaka Volubilis (L.F.) Stapf Grown in Sri Lanka, Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, 6 (1), 69-76.http://jsaer.com/download/vol-6-iss-1-2019/JSAER2019-6-1-69-76.pdf
- AAMDDN Amarathunga, SU Kankanamge, NA Sanjeewani, RN Pathirana and WD Ratnasooriya (2018), Determination of In Vitro Photoprotective Potential of Methanolic Leaf Extract of x Citrofortunella microcarpa (Calamondin), International Journal of Homeopathy and Natural Medicines. 4 (1), 18-23.doi: 10.11648/j.ijhnm.20180401.14
- Kankanamge S U, Ariyarathna S. and Perera PPR (2017), Association between dietary patterns and Hb concentration among young adult females, International Journal of Current Research 9 (01), 45497-45500.https://www.journalcra.com/article/association-between-dietary-patterns-and-hb-concentration-among-young-adult-females
- AAMDDN Amarathunga and SU Kankanamge (2017), A review on pharmacognostic, phytochemical and ethnopharmacological findings of Peperomia pellucida, International Research Journal of Pharmacy (8(11)):16-23. https://irjponline.com/admin/php/uploads/2817_pdf.pdf
- SU Kankanamge and AAMDDN Amarathunga (2017), Phytochemical and ethno-pharmacological properties of Lasia spinosa (kohila): a review, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 6 (13), 1-9.
- SU Kankanamge, S.Ariyarathna, P. Rasika Perera (2016), Association Between Anthropometric Measurements and Dietary Habits in a Young Adult Female Population in Selected Areas in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka, International Journal of Science and Qualitative Analysis 2(03) page 24-29.doi: 10.11648/j.ijsqa.20160203.11
- SU Kankanamge, S.Ariyarathna,P. Rasika Perera (2016), Prevalence of Anaemia among young adult females in two selected grama niladhari areas in the southern province of Sri Lanka, Science Journal of Public Health 4(6), page 430-434.http://article.sciencepublishinggroup.com/html/10.11648.j.sjph.20160406.12.html
- SU Kankanamge, S.Ariyarathna,P. Rasika Perera (2016), Correlation of Haemoglobin Level with BMI and WHR among Young Adult Females in Selected Areas in the Southern Province of Sri Lanka, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) 2 (12) page 1016-1021.ISSN: 2454-1362, http://www.onlinejournal.in
- SK Jayaweera, MOM Madushani, MRN Madusanka, KDS Sandarenu, SU Kankanamge, RN Pathirana (2021), In vitro antimicrobial activity of psidium guajava leaf extract against acne-developing organisms and formulation of an anti-acne topical hydrogel -14th International Research Conference-KDU, page 54. (Best poster presentation)
- WON De Silva, RAN Hansamali, BDJ Carmel, SU Kankanamge, UTN Senaratne (2021), Knowledge, attitudes and practices on e-health literacy among FAHS undergraduates of KDU, 14th International Research Conference-KDU, page 26. (Oral presentation)
- LMH Piyumini, KWDC Lalindra, HSAM Premathilake, SU Kankanamge TS Suresh, P Danthanarayana and WJABN Jayasuriya (2020), Evaluation of physiochemical properties of starch from two modified Sri Lankan rice varieties to be used as excipients in the pharmaceutical industry-13th International Research Conference-KDU, page No.31.
- TVKY Malaka, IK Ariyadasa, SU Kankanamge, K Jayasinghe and UTN Senarathne (2019), Factors affecting the service quality of National Medicine Regulatory Authority of Sri Lanka: Customers’ perspective-12th International Research Conference-KDU, page 276.
- CC Perera, SM Jayawardhane, SU Kankanamge, RN Pathirana and WD Rathnasooriya (2019), Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity of methanolic leaf extract of Cyclea peltate (Lam.) Hook. F. Thomas in vitro-12th International Research Conference-KDU, page 253. (Best oral presentation)
- Kumari KDKP, Thilakarathne RMPS, Neranja AGK, Hasanthi KB, Kankanamge SU (2018), In vitro Antibacterial Activity of Aqueous and Methanolic Extracts of Wattakaka volubilis (L.f.) Stapf: A Sri Lankan Ethnomedicinal Plant- International conference on natural product (ICNP)- Malaysia.
- A.A.M.D.D.N. Amarathunga, SU Kankanamge, N.A. Sanjeewani, R.N. Pathirana, W.D. Rathnasooriya (2017), Determination of in vitro photo-protective potential of methanolic leaf extract of Citrofortunella microcarpa (Calamondin)-International symposium on traditional and complementary medicine (Tradmed 2017).
- SU Kankanamge, AAMDDN Amarathunga, NA Sanjeewani, RN Pathirana and WD Ratnasooriya (2017), Determination of in vitro sun protection factor (SPF) of bark extract of Bridelia retusa-International research session- University of Peradenia (iPURSE).
- SU Kankanamge, NA Sanjeewani, RN Pathirana and WD Ratnasooriya (2017), Determination of in vitro sun protection factor of extract of neem leaves and neem oill” by AAMDDN Amarathunga, International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Sciences.
- SU Kankanamge, S Ariyarathne, PPR Perera (2016), Association between dietary patterns with waist circumference in young adult female population in selected areas in the southern province of Sri Lanka, 03rd International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches (ICMA).
- SU Kankanamge, S Ariyarathne, PPR Perera (2014), Association between anthropometric measurements and dietary habits in two selected grama niladhari areas in the southern province of Sri Lanka, Annual session of Nutrition Society of Sri Lanka.
- SU Kankanamge, S Ariyarathne, PPR Perera (2013), Prevalence of Anaemia in two selected grama niladhari areas in the southern province of Sri Lanka, Annual session of Physiological Society of Sri Lanka (PSSL).
Supervision of undergraduate research projects of B Pharm students of FAHS
- Head of the Department-Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Science (August 2018 – August 2021)
- Member of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)- Faculty of Allied Health Science 2021
- Member of Academic Progress Monitoring Committee – Faculty of Allied Health Science 2021
- Head of the Department-Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Science (since 2018)
- Department coordinator-Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Science (2016-2018)
- Clinical and industrial training coordinator- Pharmacy, Faculty of Allied Health Science (since 2017)
- Team member of VISTAS OF PROSPERITY AND SPLENDOR-PROJECT
- Member of curriculum revision committee- Faculty of Allied Health Science
- Member of Pharmacy sub-committee – University Hospital-KDU
- Member of Research screening committee- Faculty of Allied Health Science (2020)
- Reviewer of International Research conference-KDU (since 2019)
- TEC committee member-Dept.of Pharmacy (since 2019)
- Academic mentor for the undergraduate students of Faculty of Allied Health Sciences